Zenan is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination.
Zenan understands that obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its accessibility standards do not substitute or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or obligations to people with disabilities under any other law.
Zenan is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA.
Zenan is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Our accessible customer service policies are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities.
- We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods, services or facilities.
- Our staff is trained to read our Catalogue & Price list out loud.
- We allow our clients to bring in assistive devices.
- We welcome service dogs.
- Our staff is trained how to handle clients with service dogs.
- We are working on making our website fully accessible.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. This may include the following:
- Offer online promotions to walk in & telephone orders.
- Upgrade website to assist people with disabilities.
- We will work with the person with a disability to determine what method of communication works for them.
- Our staff will bring samples to our designated customer service desk for people with disabilities.
- We provide free delivery of goods in the GTA for people with disabilities who cannot pick up their goods, or accept delivery.
- We offer the same online promotional discounts and offers to people who have a vision impairment and cannot access our site.
- We have wheelchair parking.
- We offer loading of goods for our clients with disabilities.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.When we cannot easily identify that an animal is a service animal, our staff may ask a person to provide documentation (template, letter or form) from a regulated health professional that confirms the person needs the service animal for reasons relating to their disability.
A service animal can be easily identified through visual indicators, such as when it wears a harness or a vest, or when it helps the person perform certain tasks.
A regulated health professional is defined as a member of one of the following colleges:
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- College of Optometrists of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Psychologists of Ontario
- College of Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Mental Health Therapists of Ontario
If service animals are prohibited by another law, we will do the following to ensure people with disabilities can access our goods, services or facilities:
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Zenan will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Zenan will provide accessible customer service training to:
- All employees and volunteers
- Anyone involved in developing our policies
- Anyone who provides goods, services or facilities to customers on our behalf.
- Staff will be trained on accessible customer service within 3 months after being hired.
- Purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer Service standards
- Zenan’s policies related to the customer service standards
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities. These include:
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Zenan’s goods, services or facilities. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies.
Training will include:
Zenan welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.Customers will be notified of how to provide feedback in the following ways:
- We have a suggestion box for feedback from our clients with disabilities and a button on our website.
- Online form
- Mail-in form
- Phone: 416-875-0997
- Card displayed in lobby
- Customers can expect to hear back in 7 days.
- Zenan will make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
Notice of Availability of Documents
Zenan will notify the public that documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location(s)/way(s):
- Zenan will provide this document in an accessible format or with communication support, on request.
- We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support.
- We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and, at no additional cost.
- Modifications to this or other policies
- Any policies of Zenan that do not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.