Picking the Right Glassware
- Glassware does a lot more than just hold beverages.
- Always try picking the right glassware for the right beer.
- The shape and size of your glass will enhance the aromas and flavours of a beverage and create a more enjoyable experience.
- Stemmed glasses can be enjoyed for both lagers and ales, but for different reasons.
- Lagers are thirst quenchers and your hand should stay away from the body of the glass to avoid warming up the beer.
- Ales are full bodied and robust and sometimes need the warmth of your hand to bring out all of the great flavours and aromas.
Do’s and Don’ts (Mostly Don’ts)
- Never hold glassware in bouquets because the oils from your fingers will cling to the inside.
- Never stack glasses as this can cause scratches and oily residue on the outside of the glass.
- Never store glassware in overhead racks where it can pick up odours and bacteria.
- Avoid having glasses come into contact with your beer tap where bacteria reside.
- Never put silverware into glasses.
- Never use beer glasses for any other beverages.